Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Boxster Spyder: The Verdict Is In!


The verdict is in: the Boxster Spyder qualifies as an everyday driver. Houston has now experienced some of its torrential downpours. So far not a drop, excluding opening the door, has found its way into the Spyder. As I zipped up the interstate I watched the water curl around the A-pillars and land on the hydrophobic side windows. It danced along the line where the glass met the canvas top, but never managed to push beyond that line.

I was impressed as the Spyder progressed into Valentine 1 speeds. My take was even if it did leak, I would not be dissuaded from enjoying such a thoroughly entertaining Porsche. That was a compromise I didn't have to make. While the Spyder may be intended for purists, its owners need not enter the realm of masochism. Even those who may not consider themselves purists, can keep the Spyder on their list.
I can't say I know what a barrel of monkeys is like, but I'll bet the Spyder is more fun.

- Review by Jack McCall

No comments:

Post a Comment